looking for a yoyo

Yo-yo marketplace.

looking for a yoyo

Postby wessy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:59 pm

i use to love yoyos when i was at school and i wana get back into the scene. I am looking for a undersized yoyo and the mini motu :D sounds perfect.
I was wondering if anyone knows where to pick one up at the cheapest price and also get some string and stuff with it because I Lost all my string.
BTW I live in Sydney
Thanks in advance
wessy
Walkin' The Dog

Postby Dented » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:49 pm

what exactly is your skill level? The mini motu is an advanced level yoyo so I wouldn't suggest getting one if you don't know how to bind The same goes for the X-con or hitman, both YYJ's. If you're not up to that stage I suggest maybe getting a lyn fury to start off. I haven't had a chance to play with a motu but from general impressions it seems like a good buy.
"There's no right or wrong, only public opinion"- Jeffrey Goines
Dented
Cold Fusion

Postby yo_dude » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:04 am

as for stores yoboy is good cause it australian but yoyonation is amazong
keep it rockin(the cradle) 8)
yo_dude
Cold Fusion

Postby -= sk!p =- » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:12 am

Great answer dented, good on you for looking out for the newer members.

Welcome Wessy. Like Dented suggested, i'd go for a lyn fury, or kickside for a first yoyo. It was go from up and down to mind blowingly super pro with a few simple modifications (when you get there)

www.yoboy.com.au is the place to be
-= sk!p =-
Metyo
Metyo

Playing Style: 1A

Postby hefty » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:32 am

yoyonation isnt that "amazong" they charge a fortune for shipping, yoboy.com.au is definately your cheapest and in most cases fastest option (depending on how busy stu is) and buying local is a great way to show your support for the australian yoyo scene.

Mini motu is a great yoyo if your skill level is up for it id definately recomend it, thumb grind lip, metal rims, siliconable and all round awesome ! nice speedy little yoyo to play

but if your just getting back into yoyoing your probably not ready for one like that just yet. a nice small yoyo for you might be something like a lyn fury, not quite an undersized yoyo but smaller that most plastics. and its something thats easily modified to keep up with you as your skills advance. Im definately a fan!
hefty
Yo Or Die

Postby wessy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:33 pm

thanks il see what yoyoboy can do for me. i bought a 2 dollar spiderman yoyo and it was pretty good lol. 20 second sleeps, too bad it broke. i see yoyonation has forum where you can trade/buy yoyos cheaper? is it any good or shipping cost too much?
wessy
Walkin' The Dog

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade