ONE SUGGESTION FOR NATS [Please attend]

Got any ideas? Post about them here.

Re: ONE SUGGESTION FOR NATS [Please attend]

Postby 52Takeshi_Mat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 am

Speed is not the easy win to 1minFS..when tricks go faster so do the risks, and the time we spend when recovering a miss can make the score much lower than people who do moves accurately(e.g. compulsories doers).. Besides judges give extra clicks to complicated lands and originals, don't they? We all like to see individual styles, where we can see them in 1min FS far more than in compulsories :)
Feel sorry to hear that you once miss the finals due to compulsories. That could have happened to anyone but they still deserve to be standing in final for their awesome yoyo tricks (like you).
And if we get well organised the 1min FS, I don't think it will take long. In a comp I entered in China it took about 1hr to set up DJ, contestants registration and everything, and another 2hrs we finished 1min FS for more than 100 contestants..

BTW how can I help out if I can arrive Adelaide 1 day before the comp, like set up equipment, organising music, etc? I want to do my best to help the contests run.
52Takeshi_Mat
Skin The Gerbil

Playing Style: 1A

Re: ONE SUGGESTION FOR NATS [Please attend]

Postby Testercles » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm

If you want to compete and be placed, learn a compulsory, that's just the way it is here. I too missed out on having an official place in 09 due to missing a compulsory.
As far as speed increasing risk that's pretty much like Mickey's routines of late, yeah he's super fast but due to that fact he also has a lot of negatives. As so far as judges clicking for originality that all depends on the judging style of every individual judge.
Duncan FHZ with Neon Yellow poly/cottons. A noob but getting there.
Testercles
Gyroscopic Flop

Playing Style: 1A

Previous

Return to Event Suggestions