Peter Fish yoyos.

Miscellaneous Yo-Yo Discussion.

Peter Fish yoyos.

Postby Metabolis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:24 am

So I was in a toystore in Noosa the other day and saw the new Peter Fish yo-yo stand.

ImageImageImage

The yoyos were all $11 each. I bought myself an (orange) Illuminator. They're very much like a fh2, with less weight. They come stock with two friction pads (recessed).

Peter Fish appear to have teamed themself with a chap named Adam Bottiglia ("Yo-Yo Master") and his website yotricks.com.

The stands have a little screen built in on which you can watch Adam B. doing his thing playing 2A with some rather long looking strings.

The guy at the store who I bought the yoyo from claimed PF will be doing some kind of big push within Australia very soon. Apparently these yo-yos have been available in America since January.

Might be time to bombard them with some yo-yo resumes to see if they're up for any kind of demo program.

Mick.
Metabolis
Site Admin

Playing Style: 1A

Re: Peter Fish yoyos.

Postby Cookee » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:12 pm

How does the Luminator play?
Nice to see someone trying to make a push.

Duncan has a similar stand with a screen fitted in it, much cooler though.
Also whats up with that plane thing they have there?
Small ya later!
Cookee
Barrel Roll

Re: Peter Fish yoyos.

Postby Metabolis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Not sure about the plane thing. The stand I saw had a different toy there. I think the retailers just use the extra space on the stands for whatever.

The luminator plays ok for an $11 yoyo. With two brand new friction stickers and a lubed bearing it's very snappy as you'd expect. It doesn't have the necessary weight for anything too serious. I haven't pulled the pogs off yet to see what can be stuck under there.
Metabolis
Site Admin

Playing Style: 1A

Return to General Chat