I'm coming home!!!!

Anything going on in your neighbourhood?

I'm coming home!!!!

Postby Yozilla » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:22 am

Well for a month or so....
I would really like to meet up with some Melbourne peeps while i'm home. Seems like the scene has gotten a little bigger since I left. I'll be back the whole month of August, so if someone wants to arrange a meet for that time would awesome.
Not much news this side of the world, I placed 10th... yes...10TH!!! at the UK national comp a couple of weeks ago. I got my photo taken by the paper which was then posted on projectredalert.com. I'm the goofy looking chap in the hat doing the pentagram!
Anyway enough about me:)
Really hope I can meet up with you guys again/meet some new guys.
cheers
AJ
Yozilla
Double Or Nothing

Postby Cookee » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:27 am

Im down for a meet whenever your here. If you have contacts with any of the melbourne guys that used to attend please try to contact them and let them know we have a meet. Martin used to organise the meets but he has been busy with work and i dont think he yoyos as much anymore and therefore no longer turns up/organises these.

Acctually i might even try to get the list of emails off Martin sometime this week, does anyone happen to have his email though?
Cookee
Barrel Roll

Postby Juni_Lee » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:14 pm

C'mon, anybody up for a meet? I'm down anytime these school holidays. I'm itching for a meet since it's pretty boring back here...
Juni_Lee
Cold Fusion

Postby radical_edward » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:06 pm

Yeah ill come to a meet. Someone organise it, i cant be stuffed this time.
radical_edward
Spirit Bomb

Postby Cookee » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Well Yozilla mentioned he wont be here till Aug. Im not sure when your school holidays end but im sure it will be way over by Aug ;P

Anywho, I'm pretty busy for the rest of the my holidays so a meet is a no go for me. I'll be happy to organise a meet some time during August, does anyone happen to have Martin (the comedian, not Martin the collectors) email? Seeing as he has been out of the scene for a while i want to try get the contacts of the people that used to come to the meets but are no longer aware that they are going on as they dont visit this forum.
Cookee
Barrel Roll

Postby Cookee » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Anyone else think that its time for another meet soon??

How is the 12th of Aug for everyone? Yozilla? Lloyd? Juni??

Also I havnt been able to get Martins old mailing list so atm I have no way in contacting the people that dont visit this forum.
Cookee
Barrel Roll

Postby Juni_Lee » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:42 pm

A Sunday? I'm up for it
Juni_Lee
Cold Fusion

Postby Yozilla » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:11 am

Hey guys just checking in. I'm getting mega excited to come home now! Keep me updated in this post, i hope this happens, i would like to meet you all. I really like the look of the 2 fat ladies as well. I don't think these will be around while in down but if they are I would someone to hook me up that would be awesome.
Yozilla
Double Or Nothing

Postby Cookee » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:57 pm

Yozilla are you still going to be in town on the (sunday) 26th of Aug? I wont be able to do a meet next week or for the next couple of weeks up to the 21st of aug because I have some big assessment tasks till then. If not then I will try and organise something a little earlier.
Cookee
Barrel Roll

Postby patisbananaman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:32 pm

Hey guys, I'm kinda new around town (metaphorically speaking) and I'm keen to meet up with some throwers in melbs :) Weekends are generally great for me :)
patisbananaman
Braintwister

Postby Juni_Lee » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:30 pm

Welcome to the board patisbananaman!

Oh yeah, any Sunday this month is fine for me, as long as there's nothing coming up. How 'bout you guys?
Juni_Lee
Cold Fusion

Postby Yozilla » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:44 pm

I'm leaving again the the 28th. To give everyone some time to organise I say the 26th sounds godd. I'm trying to contact some of my old buddies now.
Yozilla
Double Or Nothing

Postby Cookee » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Alright sweet, 26th is perfect for me.

how is this for everyone else? I'll have more info closer to when the meet. like times/location etc (will be at melbourne meseum, will post directions later on.)
Cookee
Barrel Roll

Postby radical_edward » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Yeah, 26th is fine with me.
radical_edward
Spirit Bomb

Postby Cookee » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:55 pm

Ok, Meet will definatly be held on the Sunday 26th of Aug around 10:30am, if you cant get there that early, any time after that is cool to. This time has worked well for us in the past. If we have a bigger attendance than last time hopefully we can move out to another place with enough room for a throw and food.

Directions:
*Lloyd's map

Trams 88 and 96 will get you to the museum. Or if you get off at Parliament station, you can just walk up Nicholson St. Also at the usual spot, down staits infront low level entrance to the gift shop.

If you need to contact me on the day, my mobile is 0403 014 299

Also Lloyd, drag Dan along for this one ;)
Cookee
Barrel Roll

Next

Return to Other Yo-Yo Events