virtualyoyocase.com

Post about any yo-yo related websites here.

virtualyoyocase.com

Postby Metabolis » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a yoyo website, which will probably be called virtualyoyocase.com

The idea is that people can list their collections on the site, which would include pictures, stats etc. Then a virtual yoyo case can be created which can be displayed on forums, myspace, a facebook app etc.

Clicking on that case would take you through to a larger version, on which the yoyos can be clicked on to bring up the stats, who owns that particular yoyo and so on.

As well as that, yoyos can be reviewed, listed for trade/sale and a bunch more of stuff that I will no doubt think of.

http://virtualyoyocase.com

That's all I've done so far, not much at all. The main thing so far was figuring out how to lay the yoyo images onto a background which is essentially all that's required for a virtual case.

My next main goal is to try and whip up some javascript to allow people to circular crop any images that are uploaded, to save the hassle of having to do it using a paint package.

I will need a bit of help from people to get things started. Currently I'm looking for a photo of every type of standard bearing available (preferably on a white background) so that I can use that for the bearing selection part of the yoyo data entry screen. So if anyone has a varied selection of bearings it'd be a great help.

Also if anyone wants to volunteer to take some pics of their yoyos that would be cool also. One pic of the side for use in a virtual case and another pic just to show the shape of the yoyo etc.

If you have any ideas for the site, let me know.

The image below is generated on the fly using 15 different yoyo images that are randomly selected.

Mick.
Metabolis
Site Admin

Playing Style: 1A

Postby KaKy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Cool idea, good luck with it.
KaKy
Yo Fo' Life

Playing Style: _A

Postby PsYkoDuCk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:39 pm

sounds interesting ^^
PsYkoDuCk
Thumb Grind

Postby VyoZ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Looks cool,
but why i can't create new account?
i wanna try it... :cry:
VyoZ
VyoZ
Double Or Nothing

Postby Metabolis » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:25 am

I just finished the account creation page, so you're now able to give it a go. Not that there's anything you can do yet.

I've also coded the image cropping stuff which will make things a lot easier creating the images for the virtual cases. You can demo that at

http://virtualyoyocase.com/crop.php

Simply click on the image (hold the mouse button down) and drag out a square. Surround the yoyo with the square, you're able to make the selection larger by clicking and holding down (and moving the mouse..) on the little squares that are on each corner of the selection.

Make sure that the square touches each side of the yoyo and click on crop. It'll then cut the yoyo out from within that square and make the surrounds transparent.

Once a user has uploaded an image for use in the virtual cases the crop stuff will pop up. I'll be making a help page with images showing how to use it anyway.
Metabolis
Site Admin

Playing Style: 1A

Re: virtualyoyocase.com

Postby yoboy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:28 pm

Mick...
I registered but it didn't let me do much more than when it was first loaded.
Any updates...?
Image--= YoBoY =--Image
evOlutions in revOlutions
www.yoboy.com.au
yoboy
Atom Smasher

Return to Yo-Yo Links